My list of games-related articles, resources, and media that I find particularly great:
- (Talk) Hearts and Minds, by Frank Lantz. Watch it here.
- (Talk) Music Object, Substance, Organism, by David Kanaga. Watch it here.
- (Article) Report from the field: A MAZE 2016, by Robert Yang. Read it here.
- (Article) Cara Ellison on: The Poetics of Space, by Cara Ellison. Read it here.
- (Article) Punk Games, by Zoe Quinn. Read it here.
- (Article) The Forgetting Game | Kentucky Route Zero, by Sam Dibella. Read it here.
- (Report) Coziness in Games: An Exploration of Safety, Softness, and Satisfied Needs, by Project Horseshoe 2017 participants. Read it here.
- (Interview) An Interview with Dog Opera manager and Koch Games employee David Kanaga, on Oikospiel, Book I, by Everest Pipkin. Read it here.
- (Article) Kentucky Fried Zero, Part 1, by Magnus Hildebrandt. Read it here. See also parts two and three.
- (Article) Intro to Ludic Ecologonomy (Pt. 1), by David Kanaga. Read it here.
- (Article) E3 2014: A Week in the Woods, by Cara Ellison. Read it here.
- (Website) The Scratchware, notgames, and rejecta manifestos. <-- Read them here.
- (Article) A Moment of Perfect Beauty, a piece on Adam Cadre's Photopia, by Jonas Kyratzes. Read it here.
- (Article) Why did ancient Egypt spend 3000 years playing a game nobody else liked?, by Christian Donlan. Read it here.
- (Article) A Psychogeography Of Games #1: Kentucky Route Zero, by Hannah Nicklin. Read it here.
- (Article) A Brief Overview of Neopets's Economic Woes, by Victoria McNally. Read it here.
- (Article) Practically impossible: The quest to decipher Fez's cryptic final puzzle, by Sinan Kubba and Kyle Orland. Read it here.
- (Article) Iteration fetishism: Making an infinite library, by Marcus Beard. Read it here.
- (Article) 'The Witness' Creator Jonathan Blow on Science, Language and Reality, by Matt Peckham. Read it here.
- (Article) I Covered The Fresh Hell of E3 Secondhand So You Can Now Safely Experience It Thirdhand, by Aevee Bee. Read it here.
- (Website) Starseed Observatory, a mixed-media videogames criticism project for critquing, analyzing, and presenting ongoing discourse around the game Starseed Pilgrim. Browse it here.
Any game-related writing not found on my blog
can be found below:
- KRZ Character Guide. A collection of the characters, and their stories, encountered in Kentucky Route Zero. (An analysis of the backstory and references in KRZ through an exploration of its characters.) Read it here.
- Mae Borowski's Guide to the Sky. Stories of the constellations in Night in the Woods. Read it here.
Shut Up & Sit Down Paolo Pedercini's homepage Bottomless Pits in Games
notgames Critical Path harmony zone Eric Zimmerman's blog Warp Door